By now most of you have come to realize that recipes aren’t always just recipes around here. Sometimes they are created out of necessity, like this one which I made for this month’s Savory Bundts themed #BundtBakers challenge from Padmajha at Seduce Your Tastebuds, and quickly transform into something else entirely. My newest lightning bolt idea, which will most likely take quite a bit of time for me to bring to fruition, is to create a yearly cookbook of my favorite recipes that surprised even I with their outright astonishing taste. After just one bite of this jalapeno, honey, and butter kissed cornbread, I was struck by the fact that even I am flabbergasted sometimes when a recipe turns out so incredible that I can’t help but want to share it with everyone I know. Writing about it here on Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck isn’t always enough to satisfy me; at times, I find myself faced with the overwhelming desire to scream at people that they simply must try a recipe, or else take the risk of never tasting perfection.
This cornbread my dear friends is utter perfection at its finest. So just what makes this recipe yearly cookbook worthy? First, there is the golden brown crust, which not only keeps the moistness of this cake hidden away but also creates a freaking unbelievable texture. Then there’s the soft, rich, sweet, and slightly spicy cornbread center, which leaves you with the thought that you have never had cornbread like this before. There’s nothing dry, bland, or average going on in this recipe y’all. And as if all that wasn’t enough, there is the sweet honey glaze that literally drenches this cornbread with luscious flavor. One piece of cornbread will not suffice. You will find yourself unable to put your fork down and be overcome with the desire to make everyone you know try this recipe. It’s a winner ya’ll; dare I say yearly cookbook worthy. It will one day find itself in great company alongside 5 Ingredient Barbecue Deviled Eggs, Simple Coconut Brownie Ice Cream, Drunken Thai Peanut Hummus, Inside-Out Ho Hos Lava Bundt Cake, Crockpot German Sauerkraut with Brats, and Dainty White Pepper Biscuits. Just in case I’ve failed to make myself entirely clear folks, this is me screaming at you to make this cornbread. I swear you won’t be disappointed, and perhaps after tasting it you will be scrambling to be added to the list of 2016 Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck’s lucky cookbook recipients.
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Jalapeño, Finely Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a Bundt pan liberally with 1-tablepoon of unsalted butter; set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a small bowl, microwave 2-tablespoons of butter and honey for 30 seconds; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the canola oil and buttermilk.
- Add the butter and honey mixture; whisk until well combined.
- Use a spatula to mix the wet ingredients into the dry; mix until just combined.
- Fold the jalapeños into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before flipping out onto a platter.
- In a small bowl, microwave the butter and honey for 30 seconds.
- Whisk the powdered sugar into the honey and butter mixture until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the warm cornbread.
- Add an additional finely minced jalapeño if you are a fan of spicy cornbread. B.O.B. Bob and I are wimps when it comes to spice.
- Use high-quality honey in this recipe, preferably local honey.
- When making the honey glaze, sift the powdered sugar into the butter and honey mixture to avoid lumps.
- Add 1-cup of sharp cheddar cheese to the cornbread batter.
- Garnish the top of the glazed Bundt cake with additional finely minced jalapeños.
- Bacon Cheddar Beer Bundt by The Queen of Scones
- Blue Cheese and Pear Mini Bundt Cakes by Patty’s Cake
- Breakfast Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
- Dukkah, Herb & Cheese Monkey Bread by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Ham, Carrot & Beer Bundtlettes by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Mexican Breakfast Bundt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mini Meatloaf Bundts and Sliders by Magnolia Days
- Rosemary, Olive Oil & Polenta Bundt by The Cinnamon Scrolls
- Sausage & Apple Cornbread Bundt Cake with a White Gravy Drizzle by The Freshman Cook
- Savory Zucchini Cheesecake by Food Lust People Love
- Southern Honey Drenched Jalapeño Cornbread by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Stromboli Bundt Cake by Palatable Pastime
- “Tastes Like Pizza” Bundt by Sew You Think You Can Cook
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.