Trader Joe’s saves the day yet again. I can’t tell you how many times something they carry in their store, leads to simplifying my life. On Brenna’s birthday last week, I was in absolutely no mood to cook, yet I had promised the little brat some chicken, and there was no way I was going to face the wrath of Brenna without her special birthday treat. So I went out of my way after work to pick her up some Trader Joe’s Just Chicken, because I don’t have to feel guilty giving it to her, or worry about her getting sick from it. I’m never quite sure what spices are in store-bought rotisserie chicken, and freak out about the possibility of her getting sick. Anyway, the little girl can only eat so much chicken, which meant that 7/8 of the package, was going to go to waste. Instead of watching it get gobbled up by the disposal, with Brenna watching on in complete horror, I decided to make chicken salad instead. She still watched B.O.B. Bob and I in complete horror, but it was only because we were gobbling down her birthday chicken between two slices of freshly baked bread. She may never forgive us.
- 2 Cups Diced White Meat Chicken
- 15 Small Pimento Stuffed Olives
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Toss everything into a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Serve with crackers.
- Garnish with additional chopped green olives.
- Use store-bought rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
- Stir in chopped scallions before serving.
- If you prefer a chunky chicken salad, puree everything but the chicken together, and then fold the chicken into the dressing.
- Experiment with using different types of curry powder, or try making your own.