Unlike traditional rice, cauliflower rice is anything but boring, especially when it’s tossed with a lil’ bit of butter, olive oil, and garlic seasoning. Add a touch of asiago cheese into the mix, and things get even better. By now, most of y’all know that B.O.B. Bob and I are not huge rice fans. For the most part, a dish served alongside rice will almost always be looked over in search of one that comes with some other sort of side dish nine times out of ten. It’s just not our thing.
What is our thing, is any recipe that calls for the use of cauliflower, especially when it’s packed with flavor. While cauliflower rice isn’t new on the side dish dinner scene, American’s certainly have rushed to embrace it in all of its low-carb glory. Now if they could just give it some flavor. That’s right, I said it; I’m sick and tired of eating underseasoned side dishes made with cauliflower, that almost always seem to mimic the taste of cardboard. Hasn’t anyone every heard of a lil’ ol’ thing called seasoning?
“When you have worked all year to award yourself with an amazing culinary based trip around the world only to subsequently realize that the most universal seasoning on this planet is Garlic Head! Seriously Treaty! If you don’t like this All Purpose Garlic Seasoning then you simply don’t like Garlic, in which case you should steer clear. Mashed Potatoes, Steak, Chicken, Vegetables and even frozen pizza can all benefit from this glorious concoction of love.”
With this Legion of Spice Garlic Head-Garlic Seasoning, under-seasoning is no longer a thing. Its punch of garlic can help save any dish from what I like to call the “meh’s” or the “blah’s.” So, just what makes this garlic seasoning stand out from the rest available at your local market? Well, for starters, there are only seven ingredients in this blend and salt is the last ingredient listed. That means that you can use this garlic seasoning in all of your dishes, without fear of feeling like you’re a cow hovering over a salt lick.
Even better, Legion of Spice gives ten percent of each of their sales to help feed the hungry. More flavor, less salt, and the ability to help feed people in need, I don’t think it gets much better than this folks. Say goodbye to the “meh’s” and the “blah’s.” Grab a bottle of this garlic-packed seasoning and spice up your life a bit. I’m fairly certain y’all will quickly come to fall in love with all of the Legion of Spice products and the flavor they help bring to your kitchen. I have yet to be disappointed.
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Teaspoons Garlic Seasoning
- 8 Cups Raw Cauliflower Rice
- 1 Cup Finely Grated Asiago
- Place the butter, olive oil, and garlic seasoning into a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the butter has melted, add the cauliflower rice, stir to combine, and then cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Add the asiago and stir until well combined.
- I urge you to use Legion of Spice Garlic Head-Garlic Seasoning in this recipe. With other garlic seasonings, you may have to adjust the amount of seasoning used due to sodium. You can always add salt, however, you can’t take it away.
- This cauliflower rice can be made ahead of time. I actually felt that it tasted even better the day after when all of the flavors had time to come together.
- You can find pre-grated cauliflower rice in many markets now, however, you can make your own cauliflower rice by grating cauliflower florets on a box grater or by pulsing them in a food processor until they reach the desired consistency.
- Add a teaspoon or two of hot sauce to this cauliflower rice.
- Replace the asiago in this recipe with feta, cheddar, parmesan, or whichever variety of cheese you prefer.
- If you like spice, try using Legion of Spice Fire + Garlic-Garlic & Habanero Seasoning in this recipe.
- This Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast-Iron 3-3/4-Quart Caribbean Round Braiser is the perfect size to make this cauliflower rice recipe in. I can’t praise this pan enough; it is one of my lost loved kitchen items and I look forward to using it for many years to come.
- Looking for more ways to incorporate cauliflower into your diet? Consider purchasing this Amazing Cauliflower Recipes to Please You This Season cookbook.
*Some affiliate links can be found in this post. Legion of Spice is not monetarily compensating me for this post, however, they did send me a complimentary bottle of Garlic Head-Garlic Seasoning to test out. I can’t praise this company and their products enough and am happy to share their amazingness with all of y’all.