My neighbor, Ella, recently asked if I had a good recipe for apple bars; her friend Erika has been searching for one. I didn’t know of one offhand, but after looking online, came up with a few I found appetizing. I can’t wait to try some of these out myself; I may even try combining a few. I love the idea of trying to incorporate cheddar cheese into a recipe as well; I’ll have to look into it. Thanks to my dear friend Marney, I can never think of apple pie without cheese. It would be fun to try out different varieties of cheese as well; I think Havarti would work well paired alongside apples and a shortbread crust.
- Flavor of Joy Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars – Cheesecake, streusel topping and a caramel drizzle.
- Roxana’s Home Baking Apple Pie Bars – Custard and Apple Filling, with a nut topping.
- Shaken Together Apple Pie Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars – A recipe for non-bakers, using store-bought refrigerated sugar cookie dough and canned pie filling.
- Cooking Classy Apple Pie Bars – Mimics a French apple pie.
- Food & Wine Apple Pie Bars – Six pounds of apples in this recipe, covered in an oat and walnut topping.
- Cookies and Cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch Apple Pie Bars – A new use for breakfast cereal.
- Eagle Brand Magic Apple Cookie Bars – A super-sweet and easy bar using sweetened condensed milk, butterscotch chips, coconut, and nuts.
- Canadian Living Cheddar Apple Bars – This apple bar has cheddar cheese added to the crust, as well as the crumble topping.
- Yankee Magazine Cheesy Dapper Apple Squares – This unique recipe uses graham cracker crumbs, cheddar cheese, and slivered almonds.
- Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations Apple Pie Caveman Bars – Paleo twist on an apple bar.
- Gluten Free Gigi Apple Pie Bars – Gluten free apple bars.
Let me know if you decide to try any of these recipes out. I look forward to hearing your opinion on whichever one you choose.
Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.