What was I supposed to do when faced with twelve packages of Cocozia 100% Organic Coconut Water? I could always have just mixed them up with some vodka, a bit of fruit juice, and called it a day, but what would have been the fun in that. Oh, I’m sure it will happen, eventually, because now that I mentioned it I am suddenly having a strange desire for a cocktail, but this time around I decided to come up with a salad dressing. Not just any salad dressing either, but a salad dressing that could also be used as a sauce or a marinade. I’ll be sharing my recipe for Asian Coconut Water Roasted Potatoes very soon. I’m not sure which I loved more, the salad or the potatoes. Next time maybe I’ll combine them, and have an Asian Coconut Water Roasted Potato Blood Orange Salad. Even better, perhaps I’ll add a few thinly sliced strips of steak that have been marinated in Blood Orange Coconut Water Salad Dressing to make it even more amazing. Yum, I’m hungry, and I think I’m going to need a bigger supply of Cocozia 100% Organic Coconut Water.
- 1 Cup Cocozia 100% Organic Coconut Water
- Juice of 2 Blood Oranges
- 1 Garlic Clove, Finely Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Whole Grain Mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the olive oil, in a blender and puree for 1 minute.
- With the blender on, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and puree for 1 additional minute.
- Serve drizzled over a salad of fresh greens, topped with sesame seeds.
- Purchase Cocozia through Amazon.
- This dressing will separate as it sits, so make sure to store it in a container, which you can shake it up in.
- Sauté the garlic in a little bit of the olive oil before use.
- Add blood orange slices to the salad.
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.