How could I forget about these beautiful carrots? I’m pretty sure that I bought them for our Halloween party, and decided that I didn’t need them, and would save them for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving came, Thanksgiving went, but those abandoned little carrots sat dejectedly at the bottom of the veggie bin of our fridge. Hell, they were pretty much the only vegetable in our entire fridge, unless you count pickles as a vegetable. So the other day, when I decided I needed to make something with Penzeys Buttermilk Dressing and Dip Mix to announce the winner of the Penzeys Buttermilk Dressing and Dip Mix Contest, I had no choice but to use these colorful little sticks of beauty. Sure I had to cut off some questionably furry carrot tops; after all they’d been forgotten in the bottom of the fridge for over two months. I remedied any chance of contamination by giving the little darlings a hot bath in boiling water for three minutes before using them to dunk in my kicked up version of Penzeys Original Recipe. I wish I had realized how tasty these carrots were before now. I have a feeling that Trader Joe’s probably doesn’t have them in stock anymore due to the season, but if they do I’m going to have to stock up. Next time I’ll try not to forget about them, I can’t say the same for those four jars of pickles hiding in the very rear of the fridge behind the half-gallon of over-due milk and the bottle of flat tonic water.
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Penzeys Buttermilk Dressing & Dip Mix
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Chives
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Teaspoon Hot Sauce
- Stir the lemon juice, Penzeys Buttermilk Dressing and Dip Mix, parsley, and chives into the milk; allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the mayonnaise and hot sauce.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before use.
- Use any type of milk in this recipe. You may need to add additional mayonnaise if using non-fat or low-fat milk.
- Serve with carrots and celery, or use as a salad dressing.
- Store in an airtight glass container or jar.
- Add some fresh herbs to the dressing and dip mix. Try parsley, chives, or dill.
- Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce to the dressing in addition to the hot sauce.
THE WINNER OF FAITH, HOPE, LOVE, & LUCK’S PENZEYS BUTTERMILK DRESSING AND DIP MIX CONTEST WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON FRIDAY
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.