You know what makes me angry? Besides Brenna waking me up every night, every half hour, with the most annoying screaming aggravating howling meow she can muster, because she is bored, and Mommy and Daddy should never be allowed to blissfully sleep whilst a kitty is suffering from boredom? People who buy icing. Yes, I’m judging you. Your laziness makes me absolutely livid. I want to walk into your pantry, grab every can of icing off of your shelf, and throw them out your front door into the middle of the street, to be run over by other people who also have cans of disgusting mass-produced icing in their pantries. It takes less than 5 minutes to make icing. 5 minutes people! Brenna can scream non-stop for 5 minutes, without even hesitating. So what’s your excuse?
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
- 1 (8-0z) Package Cream Cheese
- Zest of One Lemon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Confectioners Sugar
- Cream the butter, cream cheese, and lemon zest together for 2 minutes, on medium speed.
- Add the vanilla, and continue to cream for 1 minute.
- Decrease the speed to low, slowly add the sugar 1/2 cup at a time, and mix for an additional 2 minutes.
- The quality of your ingredients will make a difference. Always use good quality butter, cream cheese, and vanilla when baking.
- Sift the confectioners sugar beforehand to ensure there are no lumps in your icing.
- Swap out the lemon zest for orange or lime zest.
- Mix in a 1/4-teaspoon of cinnamon and use to ice a spice or apple cake.
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.