By now, most of you realize that Cracker Candy is my crack. Hmmm…perhaps that sounded a bit better in my head. Oh well, what I’m really trying to say, is that though this to me may be one of the simplest things I make, it seems to be the one thing that everyone I know looks forward to the most. I have indeed created quite a few crack addicts. One again…perhaps that sounded a bit better in my head.
On my site you can find three recipes for basic Cracker Candy; the original, this spooky variation, and then this tricked out version, which contains more butter and vanilla. No matter which version you decide to make, one thing remains the same, it’s all about the sprinkles. And when it comes to sprinkles, I think everyone should have their very own sprinkle drawer in their kitchen.
So, where’s the best place to buy sprinkles? Well, I find that Michael’s has a fairly decent selection on an everyday basis and that Target can always be relied upon for a dependable holiday and dollar section selection. However, my favorite place to go for all things sprinkly is Amazon.
Since Easter is only a week away, I suggest cracking open the sprinkle drawer and making some crack. Once again…perhaps that sounded a bit better in my head. Anyway, you get the point. Buy sprinkles, make crack, and for God’s sake, if you don’t have a sprinkle drawer, seriously think about creating one.
- Using a heavy bottom, non-stick coated medium saucepan is a must. You don’t want the butter and sugar mixture to burn, and you definitely don’t want to spend hours cleaning the saucepan used for this recipe. Make sure to place every item used to cook with from this recipe in hot water as soon as you are done using it. It will make the cleanup process much easier.
- Spreading the mixture over the crackers with a spatula will help to evenly distribute the butter and sugar. You want every cracker to develop a “toffee” topping; otherwise, someone will just be eating a cracker coated in chocolate.
- You can find more tips and techniques for making cracker candy right HERE. I’ve broken down the steps even further to ensure absolute cracker candy success.
- Sprinkle toffee bits on top of the chocolate along with the sprinkles.
- Add a thin layer of slivered almonds on top of the butter and sugar coated crackers before baking.
- I was lucky enough to receive this Spring Deco Kit from some lovely friends, however, you can find Easter and spring colored sprinkles at many stores or order them through Amazon. You can click on any picture below to order.
*Some affiliate links can be found in this post.