Pickles are a big deal in my house right at this moment. For some reason my fridge if full of them, and not because I can’t bear to live without them. Each time I went to the market, I forgot that I had already bought some previously, and then they were always on sale for buy one get one free, forcing me to fill my buggy up with even more jars than I could possibly use in the foreseeable future. So now I’m throwing the little shriveled-up sweet little darlings on the plate with just about everything I make. Sandwiches, soup, salad, deviled eggs; they all taste better with pickles. Thank God B.O.B. Bob has finally learned to love them, otherwise I would be eating all those sweet little darlings on my own.
- 12 Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Sweet Gherkin Pickles
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Additional Sweet Gherkin Pickles, Sliced for Decoration
- Slice each hard-boiled egg in half lengthwise, placing the yolk in a food processor.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, 1/4 cup chopped gherkins, and pepper to the food processor. Puree for several minutes, or until smooth.
- Place the mixture into a large Ziploc bag, snip off the tip, and fill each halved egg.
- Sprinkle with paprika, and top with a gherkin pickle slice for decoration.
- See here for tips on how to hard-boil an egg.
- Dry the sweet gherkins using paper towels before chopping or slicing them. You don’t want any added moisture in your deviled egg filling.
- Add a teaspoon or two of finely chopped onion or celery for crunch.
- Serve these alongside some salty potato chips for flavor contrast.
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.