Every once and awhile I make something that I just can’t seem to stop eating. Which means that every time I walk in the kitchen I end up sneakily opening the refrigerator door with a fork in one hand, to sample the dish I just can’t seem to get enough of. Potato salad is usually one of the things I simply can’t seem to avoid. I swear I can hear it calling to me from the second shelf of the fridge, as it sits unassumingly next to the eggs and bread. It seems to know my weakness, and enjoys taunting me with its promise of sinful mayonnaise enrobed yumminess. Perhaps I have a problem and should seek help. Or perhaps I should just make a gigantic bowl of potato salad every week and give in to my weakness.
Other Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Potato Salads:
- 2 1/2 Pounds Red Potatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 3/4 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 (4-oz.) Jar Diced Pimentos
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, Finely Chopped
- 7 Scallions, Finely Chopped
- 6 Thick-Cut Slices Bacon, Finely Chopped
- Peel the potatoes and dice into equal sized chunks.
- Cover the potatoes with two inches of water, add a teaspoon of sea salt, and place over high-heat.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or just until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and rinse with cold water for 1 to 2 minutes; set aside.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, and then fold in the cooked potatoes.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- This potato salad tastes delicious warm, however it will taste amazing after the flavors have had some time to meld together.
- Add roasted corn to the potato salad.
- For some extra heat, add in either jalapeños or roasted chipotle peppers.
RECIPE ADAPTED FROM: Southwestern Potato Salad from A Dash of Sanity
ORIGINALLY POSTED 09/01/2014
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.