Perhaps I went a little overboard this weekend in the food department. I spent the entire day on Friday preparing food for our evening get-together with B.O.B. Bob’s older sister Mary and our friend Sara. I found myself just getting around to making the potato salad a half an hour before everyone was supposed to arrive. And yes, I was making potato salad in my robe and slippers, after just finally getting around to taking a shower. Not only had I fallen behind in time, but I had also failed to think about buying veggies to put in the potato salad. There was no celery, onion, or dill in sight, no matter how many times I opened the refrigerator door to stare inside in hopes of something magically appearing. What I did have on hand was a jar of Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic Bread & Butter Chips. Good enough. It had pickles, it had carrots, it had red pepper strips, and most importantly, it had pickle juice. This has got to be the world’s fastest potato salad. By the time the potatoes were fork tender, I had already chopped the pickle mixture, as well as finished cleaning up the bombed out disaster in my kitchen. How many times can someone run a dishwasher in one day? In the case of this weekend, the answer is three. Poor B.O.B. Bob is going to wonder what’s up when the next water bill comes. And next time we invite people over; I’ll try and remember to get dressed before finishing up my last minute tasks. I’m caught in my robe and slippers way too often for my liking.
- 2 1/2 Pounds Red Potatoes
- 1 Cup Chopped Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic Bread & Butter Chips
- 1 Tablespoon Juice from Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic Bread & Butter Chips
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Peel and dice the potatoes into uniform size pieces.
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with water by an inch; bring to a boil and cook until fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander, and rinse with cold running water for 1 minute.
- Dump the potatoes into a large glass bowl, and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Refrigerate the potato salad for at least 4 hours before serving, if you have the time to do so.
- Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic Bread & Butter Chips contains pickled cucumbers, carrots, and red peppers. Use a mixture of all of these vegetables in your potato salad.
- Garnish the potato salad with additional pickled red pepper slices.
- Add 1-tablespoon of Dijon mustard to the potato salad.
ORIGINALLY POSTED 07/07/2014
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.