I shared a recipe for S’mores Krispies Bars with you on Sunday morning, right before I went to the market and purchased a box of Rice Krispies and two bags of mini-marshmallows. I simply couldn’t wait to whip up a batch to take in our lunches this week. All I have to say is “Wow!” I have never been so happy to eat lunch as I have this week. It’s nice to have something to look forward to in your day, even if it’s only dessert. Is it lunchtime yet?
- 5 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 (10-oz.) Bags Small Marshmallows
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Chocolate Extract
- 1 Cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 Honey Maid Fresh Stacks, Finely Crumbled or 1 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 5 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 pan with tin foil, and grease with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter, over medium heat.
- Add 1 1/2 bags marshmallows, stirring until melted.
- Remove from heat and add the salt, vanilla, and chocolate extract.
- Add 3/4-cup mini chocolate chips and all of the graham cracker crumbs, then stir until well combined.
- Add the cereal, and then stir until it is completely coated in the marshmallow mixture.
- Spread the mixture into the lined baking pan.
- Butter your fingers and press the mixture down into the pan.
- Cover the top with the remaining marshmallows and bake for 2 to 3 minutes, or just until the marshmallows start to turn brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Place the entire pan in the refrigerator and allow for it to cool 1 hour.
- Remove the foil from the baking pan, and cut the S’mores Krispies into bars.
- To grease the lined pan, put your hand inside of a small Ziploc bag, and then smear the butter over the sides and bottom of the pan. You can use what is left on the outside of the bag to butter your fingers before pressing down the S’mores Krispies mixture before baking.
- If you do not have Chocolate Extract, simply omit it from the recipe.
- Make sure to place a sheet of wax paper between every layer of S’Mores Krispies when storing.
- Add 1/4-cup slivered almonds.
- Add even more mini-chocolate chips on top of the toasted marshmallows.
RECIPE ADAPTED FROM: S’mores Krispies Bars by Foodie Crush
ORIGINALLY POSTED 06/04/2014
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.