“Here Kitty Kitty,” said no Christmas tree ever, or in our case, any Christmas present. If you come to our house at any point during the holiday season, you will quickly realize that there are trees throughout the entire house and not a single one has a present underneath of it. That’s because Brenna is the destroyer of all things gift wrapped. She could care less what’s inside of a shiny bow bedazzled package, she’s merely interested in wrapping her claws and teeth around it and pretending to be a velociraptor. Brenna with a Christmas present is a sight to behold; it’s pretty much a kitty on crack moment.
This year, Brenna’s all about sharing her Christmas spirit with the puppies in our neighborhood. While it’s true she has no great regard for the dog species as a whole, she is a huge admirer of gifts and believes that every pet should receive a yummy treatie wheatie underneath their Christmas tree. So, why not join Brenna in the kitchen this holiday season? Whip up a batch of these Here Kitty Kitty Dog Treats for the puppies in your life. Just remember to tell the humans in your life that these are indeed dog treats and not people treatie wheaties. While they are edible, most individuals tend to find the flavor of peanut butter and chicken broth cookies a little disturbing. Unfortunately and amusingly, B.O.B. Bob tested this theory out on his poor coworkers.
- 1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Overly Ripe Banana
- 3/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- Additional Whole Wheat Flour for Rolling Out Dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the oats into a food processor and process for 30 seconds; set aside.
- Mash the banana with a fork in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the peanut butter, honey, and egg; mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth; mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Fold the flour and baking powder into the wet mixture with a silicone spatula.
- Divide the dough into thirds.
- With a flour-dusted rolling pin, roll the dough out to a thickness somewhere between 1/4-inch to a 1/2-inch on a well-floured surface. Cut the dough with shaped cookie cutters and place on a Silicone or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
- These cookies will not spread, so you can place them fairly close together when baking.
- Baking times may vary depending on the size and thickness of each cookie.
- If you are searching for human treatie wheatie recipes, please see Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck’s Twelve Days of Cookies.
- Add 1-tablespoon of bacon grease to the cookie dough.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different shaped cookie cutters like this Squirrel one.
- Package the cookies in cute Cellophane Bags and hand them out to your favorite puppies this holiday season.
*Some affiliate links can be found in this post.
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.