Spring is almost here. Almost. I can’t believe that mulching time is just around the corner, which is always a day full of fun here at The Delawder Matthews House. By the end of the day neither of us feels like moving, our hands are ripped apart, and my feet are usually black from insisting on wearing flip-flops for the entire day. On the upside, the yard always looks so beautiful afterwards, and is ready for our guests to enjoy at our Annual Easter Egg Hunt for Money. I’m already beginning to consider what the menu will be this year. As of right now, I’m leaning towards B.O.B. Bob smoking a ham or two to make sandwiches out of. I think I would like to go with a lighter meal plan this year, with perhaps a few desserts thrown in to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth. Don’t worry; I’ll serve a salad as well, for those who have special diets. Perhaps a salad with this dressing alongside of it, because it is easy to make, and extremely creamy, without any dairy involved in the ingredients. See, I’m already halfway done with my menu; all I need is to come up with the perfect deviled egg for the occasion.
- 1 Large Ripe Pear
- 2 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Peel and decore the pear, and then chop it into small pieces.
- Add the pear, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper into a food processor, and puree for 1 minute.
- Slowly stream in the olive oil, and puree for an additional minute.
- Store dressing in an airtight container.
- Serve over a spinach salad.
- Add a teaspoon of honey to the vinaigrette.
- To thin down the vinaigrette, add two tablespoons of cranberry juice.
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.