- One of four seasons, starting on December 21st, and ending on March 21st.
- It is widely enjoyed by kids, due to activities such as Snowmen-making, Tubing, Snowmobiling, and Skiing.
- However it is widely despised by anyone above the age of 16, due to activities such as scraping a car’s windshield clean of ice, dangerous driving conditions, and higher heating bills.
- Plus it puts quite the damper on smoking outside.
- Note: People who live in states such as California, Texas, Florida, etc., are usually shunned for complaining about this season.
I’m over you winter; please go away. I’m ready for sunshine gently falling upon my face, daffodils breaking through the freshly unfrozen soil, birds waking me in the morning with their sweet song, and most of all, I’m ready for the last of your holidays. I may be known for living in “The Halloween House,” and for my tendency to go overboard when decorating for Christmas, but St. Patrick’s Day is my day. So bring on the shamrocks, Harp, and “Darby O’Gill and the Little People.” Until then, I’ll be hibernating with a big bowl of Blueberries and Cream Oatmeal, trying my best to stay warm. P.S. Winter, you cold evil season, B.O.B. Bob really doesn’t care all that much for oatmeal, so he can’t wait for you to be over.
- 1 Cup Quick Cooking Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream (Divided in Half)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Agave
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Place oatmeal, blueberries, milk, 1/4 cup cream, kosher salt, and agave syrup into a medium saucepan; mix well.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Add another 1/4 cup cream and the vanilla; mix well.
- If you don’t have agave, substitute brown sugar, maple syrup, or honey. You may have to add more or less, depending on your taste preference.
- Serve topped with banana slices, granola, or sliced almonds.
- Mix in a pat of butter and a bit of brown sugar.
ORIGINALLY POSTED 03/05/2014
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.