Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to come up with a recipe that uses only six ingredients? And then, to also make sure that same recipe actually tastes good? It’s not such an easy task. SOLO is holding a Simple But Good Recipe Contest over the next four weeks, with a different recipe theme featured each week. The catch is that you are only permitted to use six ingredients. This week’s theme is Girl’s Night, so I thought guacamole would be a great way to use very few ingredients, yet still end up with a finished dish that people would enjoy eating. I’m also currently addicted to blood oranges, which you’ll be seeing in my recipes over the next couple of weeks. I just can’t seem to get enough of them. So, naturally they found their way into this recipe as well. The only downside to their beautiful garnet color is that when mixed with the vivid green of the avocados you end up with a purplish grayish brownish gloppy substance. Red and green will always make brown, and usually not a desired shade of brown. Color aside; this guacamole is so shockingly amazing for containing so few ingredients. Although I can think of so many ingredients that would make it taste even more amazing; like jumbo lump crabmeat, dried cranberries, or pepitas. Please take a moment and vote for my recipe on Facebook, and be on the lookout for next week’s recipe entry under the category Tailgates.
- Juice of One Blood Orange
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Shallot, Finely Diced
- 2 Avocados
- Whisk the blood orange juice, honey, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl.
- Add the shallots and 1 avocado to the bowl, and mash together with a fork.
- Dice 1 avocado and gently fold it into the guacamole mixture.
- Serve with pita or tortilla chips.
- This makes an amazing topping for fish or shrimp tacos.
- Add finely chopped cilantro.
- Add a finely crumbled Mexican cheese, such as Cotija.
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT AND CAST YOUR VOTE FOR MY RECIPE. YOU CAN VOTE ONCE EVERY 24 HOURS.
Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.