This week I’ll be joining in the Countdown to 2017, which is being hosted by Sarah of Fantastical Sharing of Recipes. We’re kicking off the week with 2016’s “Best Appetizers and Snacks.” I was truly holding my breath that the fan favorite of this year would be a deviled egg recipe, alas its was just not meant to be. Instead, the stats pointed to this lager beer and peanut-laced hummus dip which I made earlier this year. Perhaps it has something to do with it being absolutely amazing or maybe it’s just that this lovely appetizer photographed so well. I mean really y’all, don’t you just want to dive right in? Added bonus; this is the perfect appetizer or snack for your New Year’s Eve celebration.
*Original recipe post can be found HERE.
- 1 (15-oz.) Can Garbanzo Beans
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Sriracha Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Honey
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Sea Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 4 to 6 Tablespoons Lager Beer
- Sriracha Sauce
- Chopped Cilantro
- Chopped Salted Peanuts
- Sliced Scallions
- Thin Lime Slices
- Drain and rinse the beans. Remove and discard the skin from each bean, and then place each bean into a small bowl. When you are done removing the skins, sift through the chickpeas carefully to ensure that there are no skins remaining.
- Place the beans, peanut butter, Sriracha, olive oil, honey, ginger, salt, and pepper into a food processor and puree. Slowly add the beer 1-tablespoon at a time and puree again. Add more beer until you have achieved desired consistency.
- Garnish with additional Sriracha, chopped cilantro, chopped peanuts, sliced scallions, and thin slices of lime.
- If you are making this dip ahead of time, wait until right before serving to garnish it with the additional ingredients. Peanuts get soggy when refrigerated, and become quite nasty in my opinion.
- Serve with carrot sticks, pita crisps, celery, or Naan.
- Add fresh lime juice to the hummus.
- Replace the salted peanuts with gourmet flavored peanuts.
Please visit Fantastical Sharing of Recipes today for even more great appetizer and snack recipes.
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.