- 2 (16-oz.) Bags Frozen Trader Joe’s Parisian Carrots (See Trader Joe’s New Fall Items)
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, Plus 1 Tablespoon
- 1 Cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Freshly Chopped Chives
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large pan or dutch oven, over medium-high heat
- Add carrots to the pan and cover with a lid, cooking for 15 minutes. Stir at least every 5 minutes.
- Remove carrots from the pan.
- Add whiskey, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add butter, cook until melted.
- Add brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Mix well, then bring to a boil.
- Add the carrots back in the pan, and turn the heat up to high.
- Cook the carrots for 5 to 15 minutes, depending on how much you would like the glaze to reduce.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of chopped chives over the carrots before serving.
- Turn the heat off on your stove before adding the whiskey. This will eliminate any chance of fire.
- If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s in your area, you can replace the Parisian Carrots with a two-pound bag of peeled and diced carrots.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of heavy cream to the sauce.
- Add 1/4 to 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
RECIPE ADAPTED FROM: Whiskey-Glazed Carrots by The Pioneer Woman Cooks
Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.