Summer means being lazy, along with last-minute cookouts, impromptu get-togethers, and huge family gatherings. This is the perfect, and I do mean perfect, side-salad to take along with you wherever it is you’re going to be spending time in the sun. It will take you a whole 10 to 15 minutes to put together, and it can hold its own when put up against a hot humid day. We totally devoured a big bowl of this vegetable medley last weekend, and I already have plans to make another bowl this weekend. It’s just that good. Warm, cold, room temperature; it doesn’t matter. Perfect.
- 1 (16-oz.) Bag Frozen Roasted Corn or Frozen Corn
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 5 Scallions, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 (4-oz.) Jar Diced Pimentos, Rinsed and Drained
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4-oz. Feta, Crumbled
- Sauté frozen corn with olive oil in a skillet, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, or until corn is completely thawed.
- Allow corn to cool slightly, before adding it to the rest of the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- This salad is best when served at room temperature.
- This is the perfect side dish to make for an outside picnic, party, or cookout during the summer months.
- You can just as easily make this salad using fresh corn, but Trader Joe’s Frozen Roasted Corn will save you a lot of time and effort.
- Trader Joe’s carries feta from a company called Pastures of Eden. Try it! It’s better than any other feta I’ve tried.
- When sautéing the corn, add a clove of finely crushed garlic.
- Add one finely diced jalapeño, or 1/4 teaspoon of ground chipotle chile.
ORIGINALLY POSTED 07/11/2015
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.