This last year of blogging would not have happened without the support of my darling B.O.B. Bob. He has listened to me complain about countless things that I’ve had problems with, strived to help me improve my blogging skills, and encouraged and supported me through the entire process, even when he was feeling that perhaps it was taking over my life at times.
I began to realize just how much B.O.B. Bob was willing to support me when for Christmas he so graciously gave me an insane amount of gifts revolving around kitchen gadgets, as well as a new camera lens to help improve the quality of my photos. For once, he had been taking the time to listen to what I was actually saying, and took it upon himself to help me find solutions to some of the problems I didn’t even realize that I had. I just love it when someone gives you a gift that makes your life run more smoothly, and the camera lens that he purchased for me has certainly done that. I’m still learning how to use it, and nowhere near taking professional pictures, but I love every moment I spend behind that lens. Brenna’s not as much in love with the camera as I am, seeing as it’s usually pointed at her, and interrupting her nap time, but I have captured some amazing shots of her being a crazy little fur ball with it.
So how do you show the greatest man in your life that you appreciate his support more than any words could every express? With peanut butter cups of course, because they’re his favorite, and hopefully they’ll make him forget about the fact that you’ve overloaded the new computer with more photos than its memory can handle, and thirty percent of them are of the cat.
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 (10-oz.) Bag Regular Sized Marshmallows
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 5 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 1/4 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1 (10-oz.) Bag 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 16 Full-Size REESE’S Peanut Butter Cups, Roughly Chopped
- Line a 9×13 cake pan with tin foil and coat with cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large pot, over medium heat.
- Stir in the regular sized marshmallows until completely melted, and remove from heat.
- Add the vanilla and peanut butter until well combined, and then stir in the Rice Krispies and mini marshmallows.
- Dump the entire mixture into the lined cake pan, and pat down evenly with a spatula.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute, stir and then continue to melt in 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Evenly spread the melted chocolate over the cereal mixture and then press the roughly chopped Reese’s cups down into the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before cutting into squares.
- Spray the spatula you use with cooking spray before patting the cereal mixture down into the lined cake pan.
- You must work fast when it comes to melted marshmallow, because it hardens very quickly.
- Replace the chocolate chips with peanut butter chips.
- Fold mini chocolate chips into the cereal mixture.
RECIPE ADAPTED FROM: Fluffernutter Rice Krispie Treats by Shugary Sweets
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.