I overcooked on New Year’s Day, which means that B.O.B. Bob and I have been eating nothing but pork chops, mashed potatoes, and red cabbage for days now. Finally, on the last day of leftovers I had to make a change. Topping the “Dip Mix Fried Pork Chops” with spinach and goat Cheese turned them into something completely different, that made us feel like we weren’t eating the same thing yet again.
- Leftover Dip Mix Fried Pork Chops, or Any Leftover Fried Pork Chops
- 1 Bag Pre-Washed Baby Spinach
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Finely Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Goat Cheese, Crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan, over medium high heat.
- Add spinach and garlic to the pan, stirring to coat with the olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for a few minutes, or until the spinach has wilted down.
- Remove from heat.
- Place pork chops on a baking sheet, top with spinach mixture, and then the crumbled goat cheese.
- Place baking sheet in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, just until the pork chops are heated through and the goat cheese has begun to bubble.
- I used Persian Lime Olive Oil instead of extra virgin olive oil. You can either use olive oil by itself, or add a bit of lemon or lime juice to the pan along with it.
- Craisins would be good in this dish; either add them to the pan along with the spinach and garlic, or place them on top of the goat cheese when baking.
RECIPE ADAPTED FROM: Dip Mix Fried Pork Chops by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.