How many eggs do you currently have stinking up your refrigerator? Maybe you never actually managed to find the time to hard-boil or decorate the few dozen eggs you picked up with overzealous thoughts of creating the most beautifully dyed eggs that could easily rival those gracing the cover of a Martha Stewart magazine. What a joke. No matter how carefully we plan, I think we can all admit to being satisfied if even one egg comes out with an even color tone that isn’t lime green or shit brown. Sadly I think that most households suffer from the same predicament in the days following Easter; ugly as sin colored eggs that we have no idea what to do with, or a few dozen raw eggs lying in wait for their destiny to be fulfilled. Instead of shoving those eggs further and further back into the depths of the fridge in an attempt to deny their existence, pull them out and transform them into a delicious lunch or dinner with the use of Crockpot Hard-Boiled Eggs.
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Capers, Very Finely Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Tarragon Vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Paprika
- Gently place the eggs in a crockpot and cover with water by 1/2-inch.
- Add the salt and vinegar to the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove the eggs and place them in an ice bath for 30 minutes.
- Peel the eggs under cold running water, pat dry, and then finely chop and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Whisk together all egg salad ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour onto the chopped eggs and mix well.
- Serve with crackers or on a sandwich.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld.
- Use an egg slicer to chop the eggs.
- Use apple cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, or champagne vinegar if you don’t have tarragon vinegar on hand.
- Click HERE for more tips on how to make Crockpot Hard-Boiled Eggs.
- Add 1-teaspoon finely chopped chives or shallots.
- Add hot sauce or crumbled bacon to the egg salad.
- Serve on toasted rolls.
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.