I spent all of last week taking a look back at 2016 and sharing its favorite recipes. For the most part, I tried my damnedest to be impartial, however, I’m so over that now. Today is all about me; me and all of my favorites from 2016.
- I’m not sure how something as simple as these Crockpot Cajun Butter Roasted Sweet Potatoes could possibly taste so darn delicious. I’m pretty sure it had everything to do with the butter.
- I’m a little sad that these Cherry Don’t Blinks were a guest post on someone else’s blog. I really wanted to keep them all to my little ol’ self.
- This Pink Rhubarb Ice Cream won me over with its frilly pink color and subtle rhubarb flavor. It also photographed so well, that I just couldn’t help but fawn all over it.
- During our beach vacation last year, I made these Jerk Shrimp & Sweet Green Tomato Deviled Eggs for our housemates. They were demolished in less than five minutes. I think that says it all.
- B.O.B. Bob and I shared this Southern Honey Drenched Jalapeño Cornbread with a friend last year for breakfast on our deck. I’m pretty sure that we ate almost all of it in one sitting.
- While these Lemony Mayonnaise Cod, Shrimp, and Asparagus Parchment Wrapped Bundles might have been one of the easiest things I made in 2016, it was probably one of the recipes I loved the most. I could eat it every day. Seriously.
- Salt Pork Summer Crockpot Green Beans are my jam. They take me right back to my country roots and remind me how simple good food can be. Adding a potato made them even more special.
- Sometimes you just want blueberry pie, however, you simply just aren’t in the mood to make a pie crust. When that happens, Summer Blueberry Pie Crisp is the only way to go.
- When I found myself with a bunch of miscellaneous garden produce on my hands, I decided to make Summer Garden Breakfast Crockpot Hash. If only breakfast could be this good all year long.
So what do you have to look forward to in the year 2017? Well, obviously more Bundt Bakers, Fish Friday Foodies, Crockpot Monday, and unique deviled egg recipes. However, there will also be a few Fantastical Food Fights, Soup Saturday Swappers, Food n’ Flix, and countless other great dinner, breakfast, and dessert recipes. Here’s hoping that this year will be just as great as last year, if not better.
Please visit Fantastical Sharing of Recipes for even more wild card recipes.