Every year, the struggle to come up with a brand-new flavorful deviled egg recipe is real. I am beginning to seriously believe that I have an obsession when it comes to all things deviled eggs. Sometimes, I go all out, and other times, I decide that simplicity is key. This year, I definitely restrained myself from going all crazy running around the kitchen like a chicken with its head cut off crazy. For once, I have decided to make our Annual Easter Egg Hunt for Money as non-stressful as possible. In theory, it sounds wonderful; now, let’s just see how it actually works in practice.
Over the weekend, I spent a few minutes thinking about our upcoming event menu, as I glared at half a dozen hard-boiled eggs sitting on my kitchen counter, and decided that an Italian influenced deviled egg would be the perfect addition to Italian deli sandwiches, chips, and Cadbury Mini Eggs Bread Pudding. With a little mayo, herb seasoning, freshly ground black pepper, vinegar, Fleur de Sel, and finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, I quickly created a winning recipe. One that not only tasted like perfection but also took less than ten minutes to throw together.
You may ask why I just didn’t wait until the big day of our event to concoct this recipe. Well, let’s just say that things can often go wrong on party day when I am rushing around attempting to do way too many things at one time. In the past, I have dropped food on the floor at the last moment, accidentally come a little too close to kitty’s tail with the vacuum cleaner monster, and had a house full of smoke thanks to my forgetfulness. I’ve learned that it’s best to use recipes that have been tested and thankfully a few of our neighbors helped to sample these little guys over the weekend. You’ll be happy to know that they got a glowing review.
So you see, my neighbors and I have done all the hard work for you. After all, we take our job as Official Deviled Egg Taste Testers very seriously. Now there’s absolutely no reason for you to make these sun-dried tomato garnished beauties before Easter day unless of course you really just want to try them out for yourself because you love deviled eggs as much as we do. If that’s the case, feel free to cheat by buying pre-hard-boiled eggs from your local market, which will ensure that you’ll be cramming these gorgeous bites of heaven into your mouth in under ten minutes with very little work involved.
P.S. Remember to keep an eye out for the cat’s tail when vacuuming right before your guests arrive; it will save you from having to live with one seriously angry and extremely bitter kitty for at least a week afterward.
- 6 Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 1/4 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons Italian Herb Mix
- 1/2 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Fleur de Sel
- 1/4 Cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil & Italian Seasoning, Finely Chopped
- Cut each hard-boiled egg in half lengthwise and spoon the yolk into a small bowl.
- Use the tines of a fork to finely mash the egg yolks.
- Mix the mayonnaise, Italian herb mix, vinegar, and pepper into the mashed egg yolks until thoroughly mixed and somewhat smooth.
- Place the yolk mixture into a plastic bag, snip off the end, and then pipe the mixture into the well of each egg.
- Sprinkle each egg with a tiny bit of Fleur de Sel and then top with the chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- Pat down each sun-dried tomato with a paper towel before finely chopping it to help absorb any excess oil.
- Taste the egg yolk mixture before sprinkling the top of each egg with Fleur de Sel. Every herb mixture contains a different amount of sodium and you may not wish to add additional salt.
- Here are all of my favorite tips on How To Hard-Boil Eggs.
- Press a slice of pepperoni down into the well of each egg before adding the filling to create a pizza-inspired deviled egg.
- You can find all of Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck’s past deviled egg recipes by clicking HERE. Let them inspire you to create your own unique deviled egg recipe.
- Mix a few finely chopped green or black olives with the sun-dried tomatoes to create a more colorful garnish.
- Order a Wilton Cake Decorating Set. You will be amazed at just how handy it can be to have around, whether it be for cake decorating or fancying up deviled eggs.
- Get you own Mud Pie Deviled Egg Tray in time for Easter.
*Some affiliate links can be found in this post.
Don’t forget to check out all of our other amazing Deviled Egg Recipes.