I’m not even sure I can express in words just how much I adore my new pineapple sage plant. So much so, that I have a sneaky suspicion that a lot of my summer dishes are going to include this delicate herb, along with it’s gorgeous red flowers. This Pineapple Tequila Cocktail will be enjoyed by me very soon, along with this Pineapple and Sage Ice Cream, Nat’s Pineapple Sage Salsa, and Sweet Potato Pineapple Soup. Just imagine how pretty all of these dishes will look with pineapple sage flowers adorning them. I think I may have to go buy another plant; one’s not going to be enough to get me through the summer.
- 1 (15.5-oz.) Can of Cannellini Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 1 Clove Garlic, Peeled and Roughly Chopped
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Pineapple Sage, Roughly Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor except for the olive oil.
- Begin to puree, while slowly adding the olive oil.
- Puree until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Before serving, drizzle the dip with additional extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve with carrots, celery, pita chips, or fresh bread.
- Garnish dip with the flowers of the pineapple sage plant, which are both beautiful and edible.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2-teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar.
Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.