I’m not in the mood to cook. I’m sure that in a day or two that will all change, but for now me + kitchen isn’t happening. Pretty much me + any room in our house isn’t happening right now. Our downstairs bathroom is still a non-bathroom, meaning that there are still no walls, shower, toilet, flooring, and certainly no fixtures to be seen anytime in the foreseeable future. There is a somewhat maybe finished sub-floor, but I’m sure at some point that will be ripped up as well for some reason or other. My two-year estimate for repairs seems less likely as each day passes.
To make matters worse, last week water started dripping from our one “good bathroom” into our living room above our fireplace. Please note that when I say “good bathroom,” that is an extreme exaggeration. It’s just lying in wait for the moment the other one is finished, and then it too will be getting the sledge hammer, just like the entire ceiling above our fireplace, which B.O.B. Bob annihilated this week. The whole ceiling above our fireplace is now gone; no drywall, no downcast mood lighting, and thankfully no more leaking water. Well, at least for today. I’m pretty sure that could change at any moment though. There are still mumblings about the office wall needing to be opened as well, but I am choosing to ignore those particular rumors.
You know how I said me + kitchen isn’t happening, well let’s just say me + B.O.B. Bob aren’t exactly besties right now either. Being severely allergic to drywall has made me even extra grumpy. I know that B.O.B. Bob the Builder tries his very best to keep things as contained as possible while “Tasmanian Deviling” drywall, but it inevitably ends with me having no skin left on my fingers and itching all over. That means that I am not in charge of feeding him/nurturing him during the upcoming week; these meatballs are about as far as I am willing to go. I’m sure that even he can manage to reheat them in the microwave, unless of course water starts leaking out of that as well.
- 1 (8-oz.) Package Cream Cheese
- 2 Cups Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 (16-oz.) Package Frozen Corn
- 1 (16-oz.) Package Frozen Meatballs
- Sliced Scallions
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream cheese, blueberries, brown sugar, vinegar, honey, onion powder, mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Place the corn, meatballs, and cheesy blueberry barbeque sauce in a crockpot; stir to combine.
- Cook on low heat for 4 to 6 hours.
- Top with sliced scallions before serving.
- You can use either fresh or frozen blueberries in this recipe. If using frozen, cook the sauce for a couple of minutes longer before combining it with the corn and meatballs in the crockpot.
- Frozen corn is perfect for this recipe, but frozen roasted corn is even better.
- I used turkey meatballs in this recipe in lieu of beef. Use whichever kind of meatballs you prefer.
- I’m not going to lie. Cleaning the crockpot after this recipe is a real pain in the tuckus. Soak the crockpot for at least 30 minutes, before you even attempt to go near it.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
- Add 1/2-teaspoon of hot sauce.
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.