These are the cookies I made on Saturday morning during “Operation Find Collar.” Sometimes I think it would be wonderful if Brenna could speak, so that I could ask her questions and get a response. It would have been so much easier, if she had answered me when I asked, “Where did you hide your collar?” B.O.B. Bob is under the impression that a talking Brenna would not be a good thing. In his opinion, it would be equivalent to living with a moody teenager, who walked around the house being an anti-social smart-ass.
I really expected these cookies to have a more prevalent graham cracker taste, but alas it wasn’t meant to be. Hence their name, No S’more Cookies. They have a graham-like after-taste though, and actually taste pretty darn amazing, if I do say so myself. They worked perfectly as “a little extra something” to take with us to the baby shower we traveled to Richmond to attend over the weekend. I even packaged a few up for the “Johnson Brats” to enjoy. I’m totally crazy about the Baked Goods Gift Labels and Seals that I recently picked up at The Container Store; they really help to dress up my plain brown cardboard baking boxes.
Another product I’m crazy about, are these Kraft Vanilla Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits. They’re basically dehydrated teeny tiny mini marshmallows. Anyone who’s ever tried to use marshmallows in a cookie recipe knows that they tend to melt during the baking process, causing an oozing melty and flat pancake-like cookie. These dehydrated marshmallows held up magnificently during the baking process, which means I’ll be using them a lot more in the future.
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 Egg, Room Temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 1/3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 (3-oz.) Bottle of Kraft Vanilla Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits
- 1 (10-oz.) Bag 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add egg; mix 1 minute.
- Add vanilla; mix 1 minute.
- On low speed, slowly add the flour mixture; mix until just combined.
- Fold the marshmallow bits and baking chips into the dough mixture with a spatula.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to drop mounds of cookie dough onto a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, before removing to a cookie rack to finish cooling.
- One sleeve of graham crackers will yield 1 1/4-cups graham cracker crumbs. Place the crackers in a large Ziploc bag, seal tightly, and then use a rolling pin to crumble into fine pieces.
- Use miniature chocolate baking chips when making these cookies for children.
- Sandwich two cookies together, using Marshmallow Creme or Nutella as a filling.
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.