- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 (13-oz.) Jar of Cherry Preserves (Bonne Maman)
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 3/4 Cup White Morsels
- 1 Tablespoon Crisco
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars together for 2 minutes, on medium speed.
- Add vanilla; mix 30 seconds, on medium speed.
- Add salt; mix for 30 seconds, on medium speed.
- Add the flour a half a cup at a time, on low speed; mix just until incorporated.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place balls 2-inches apart on a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Using your thumb, press an indentation into the center of each ball.
- Spoon preserves into the indentation of each cookie; top with almonds.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool cookies on cookie sheets for 3 minutes, before removing them to a wire cooling rack.
- Microwave white morsels with Crisco in a small bowl for 1 minute, stir mixture then microwave for 15 second intervals until melted; stirring in between each interval.
- Add cinnamon and mix well.
- Drizzle mixture over the cooled cookies with the tines of a fork or a plastic decorating squeeze bottle; allow cookies to set for two hours.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container.
- Let the cookies bake until they are a medium golden color, which will make for a crunchier cookie.
- This recipe will make approximately 3 dozen cookies.
- Replace vanilla with almond extract.
- Substitute chopped walnuts for the sliced almonds.
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.