Blood Orange Breakfast Cake
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Whole Grain Oat Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
- Zest of One Blood Orange
- 1 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs, Room Temperature
- 1/2 Cup Blood Orange Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9×5 loaf pan; set aside
- Whisk together flours, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl; set aside.
- On medium speed, cream butter, sugar, and orange zest for 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, and mix until well incorporated.
- Add orange juice, vanilla, and olive oil; mix for 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture to the batter by hand, stirring until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Place on the center rack in your oven. Place a glass baking dish full of water on the rack underneath the loaf pan to create steam.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Test with a toothpick for doneness.
- Use 2 cups of all-purpose flour in this recipe, if you do not have oat flour available.
- If blood oranges are not available, try using a combination of orange juice and raspberries to get a similar flavor. Puree the orange juice and raspberries together, then strain to remove any seeds.
- Add 1/2 cup of miniature chocolate chips to the cake batter.
- Drench the cake with a Butter Glaze.
Recipe Adapted From: Blood Orange Beer Pound Cake by The Beeroness
Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.