This is week two of the SOLO Simple But Good Recipe Contest, and the theme this week is “Tailgates.” I’m still finding it extremely hard to make anything with only six ingredients, but this one wasn’t too much of a challenge. It’s quite similar to the way I would normally make pimento cheese spread, only without several different types of cheese and grated garlic mixed in. I also would usually go ahead and throw everything in the food processor, but I was feeling particularly lazy yesterday. For once I got to stay home and enjoy a snow day. After a long morning spent on the couch watching television with Brenna, I finally became motivated to spend some time in the kitchen. I also didn’t have anything for lunch, so I was kind of forced to make something to eat! Unfortunately, I ended up eating pimento cheese spread on very stale crackers, because I keep forgetting that I bought the ones in our pantry over a year ago. I think it’s time for me to do some spring cleaning in the pantry!
Don’t forget to vote for my recipe HERE.
- 1 (4-oz.) Jar Diced Pimentos
- 1 (10-oz.) Block Mild Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Kosher Dill Pickle, Finely Diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Rinse and drain pimentos. Pat dry with paper towels to absorb any excess liquid
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
- This cheese spread will taste better after it sits for several hours and the flavors have melded together.
- The spread will thicken as it sits.
- If you prefer a smoother version of pimento cheese spread, throw everything into a food processor.
- Serve with high quality wheat crackers.
- Grate a clove of garlic into the cheese spread.
- Add finely diced ham.
- Use a blend of Monterey Jack and Cheddar Cheese.
Vote HERE for 6-Ingredient Pimento Cheese Spread
Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck
Come Join Us in the Kitchen!
Subscribe to Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice to receive exclusive recipes, newsletters, and special updates.